What are the Server Names for skype, facebook etc.

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Hi,

We're trying to use vstalk in our new startup company :)
Is there a guide about connecting the client to facebook, skype etc (I mean server names etc)?
Thanks,

Yos

CEO. CarmelCrew - Northen Software Cooperative, Israel.
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Hi Yos,
Sorry for delay response. I really appreciate that you are interested in vstalk project. No doubt, Jabber is one of the best choices for collaboration within a company. I do know that number of companies adopted it for such purposes.

So directly about your question:
Facebook on page https://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php, find section Supported Clients, press Other link.
For instance, I use following connection Username: ivan.novitskii, Server : chat.facebook.com.

I must attempt you that Facebook server is not the most advance XMPP server ever. That means some vstalk features will be disabled. Surely you can negotiate with your contacts through visual studio in ordinary way .

Skype uses a commercial and non-public protocol. So there’s no direct way to connect your account. I know some enthusiasts are striving to do it, but still there is no mature solution.

I believe, our main target is google and other "federative" servers. Just in case, G connection settings are very simple and based on email address. So example is, Username: ivannovitskii, Server: gmail.com, Password:<email password>.

Plz, provide us with feedback.
Oct 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thank you so much. This is very helpful J